Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunny Afternoon Walks: Trash or Treasure?


Rainy days turn out to be some of the best days for getting things done. However, I also love how I'm easily distracted by good weather and further encouraged to procastinate through its alluring power. Sunny afternoons are also great for relaxing walks especially when you can grab some Subway on your way. You can also expect to learn or discover something new you wouldn't notice while driving down the same road. On my way to Subway, I notice that many houses have old furniture and junk piled up outside by the curb. As I progress along my walk, there were many pickups driving around with similar junk in the bed of their truks and even one large older car that had it's trunk tied down. Apparently, these people were driving around picking up other people's junk! Come to find out that their is a citywide junk pick up held monthly and people go around pilfering through their neighbor's leftovers carting off their treasures!! Who knew? One man's trash is definitely another man's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment