Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thrifty Thursdays - DIY Holiday Decor

Continuing the make-over for my blog, I will be starting Thrifty Thursdays. Where I hope to help all of you find thrifty deals, ideas, and projects. This week, I investigated projects that could be created using toilet paper rolls...I mean, everyone uses toilet paper right??

The first one is the Turkey Fan which I think would be a really cute place setting at the table for a Thanksgiving meal.


Christmas is also right around the corner and its one of my favorite holidays! Making your own ornaments is a fun and easy project that the entire family can pitch in on.


Here is a fun video on how to make an ornament out of a toilet paper roll. I'm including this one because it seems like you could easily change things about the design if you don't like the finished product.

(print screen of finished product)

If you are still feeling really crafty (and still have more toilet paper rolls) here is a great resource for making animals, characters, etc our of toilet paper rolls!



1 comment: