Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - Dumpster Pools

Yes, in fact, you did hear me right...pools constructed from reclaimed dumpsters! A new concept spurred on by a movement called New Urbanism. I ran across this site with several videos which sucked me in and before I knew it a few hours had passed and I was still watching the videos.
Of course, not all the videos are about dumpsters because although it's interesting, who could really watch that for a few hours. Lots of interesting ideas spring from the New Urbanism movement including farms on tops of roofs in big cities where land is scarce, a traveling trailer which has plants inside of it (trailer park!), and many other interesting videos await.
So here is the link below, but fair warning you could easily get sidetracked!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a wicked link!! I was watching a video recently about a floating garden - a group put togther this amazing garden on a boat in new york so that they could maintain it once the winter months came by floating it somewhere warmer. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an amazing idea and so innovative!

    ReplyDelete